About Me

My photo
LONDON, United Kingdom
WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!!

Monday 10 January 2011

'COUTURE of the WILD' - ALEX NOBLE SELFRIDGES WINDOW for BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS.

Selfridges invited myself and a group of other up and coming designers and artists to create their January windows and design some product for in store.
After an initial conversation with the creative manager about the 'do's and don'ts' of the windows she mentioned no taxidermy! So I decided to flip that on its head and do a high end couture taxidermy lab  - I pushed the concept to create something surreal, serene and I hope quite beautiful.




Part of the promotion was design some product to go in store at Selfrdidges - I created two pieces of art work running with the themes of the window and my debut collection for Fashion week. The art work was then printed onto silk Georgette and I made ten exclusive dresses for intsore - there now! BUY BUY!


5 comments:

Nameless! said...

you are really a genius, I love your work!!!!!!!

David Abrahams said...

ha. i shot the images for the Selfridges online. get in contact. www.davidabrahams.co.uk

Cassandre said...

Love this! I want to go check it out so bad!

www.lerevedecassandre.blogspot.com

VildesVerden said...

Love it!

Tallulah Doll said...

I love this. What a talent! Such great contrast of the morbid with the delicate. :) The little butterflies remind me of Damien Hirst's '
Gaily Merrily Lovely Happily' canvas!

Damien Hirt:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Hirst

Tallulah Doll
www.tallulahdoll.com